- This event has passed.
CICS Science Conference – Sixth Annual Meeting| November 6-8, 2017
November 6, 2017 - November 8, 2017
The CICS Science Conference will be held in College Park, MD on November 6-8, 2017. The Conference, our 6th CICS-MD Annual Meeting, we will again be joined by our partners at CICS-NC and CREST, making the annual meeting a truly CICS Conference. CICS-NC is collocated with the National Centers for Environmental Information in Asheville, NC. CUNY’S Cooperative Remote Sensing Science and Technology Center (CREST) is a multidisciplinary center led by the City College of New York.
The goal of this Conference is to present research activities and serve as a collaborative forum for CICS and NOAA scientists to exchange ideas, identify research priorities, and define research topics that have maximum impact on NOAA’s Mission.
CICS performs research aimed at enhancing our ability to use Satellite Observations and Earth System Models to advance the national climate mission, including understanding, monitoring, predicting, and communicating information on climate variability and change. We encourage contributions addressing the following Topic Areas:
- Data Fusion and Algorithm Development
- Calibration and Validation
- Surface Observation Networks
- Scientific Support for the new satellite missions, GOES-R and JPSS
- Climate Research, Data Assimilation and Modeling
- Climate Data & Information Records/Scientific Data Stewardship
- Land and Hydrology
- Earth System Monitoring from Satellites
- National Climate Assessments
- Environmental Decision Support Science
- Education, Training, and Outreach
- Other topics of interest to NOAA
All CICS researchers are encouraged to submit abstracts for presentations, either in oral or poster format. Participation and contributions are strongly encouraged from all units of CICS-MD, CICS-NC, CREST and their NOAA collaborators.