UNDERGRADUATE & GRADUATE FELLOWSHIPS AVAILABLE!!
Who are We?
NCAS-M is a Cooperative Science Center comprised of 13 partner institutions of higher education that include minority- and majority-serving institutions. Howard University is the lead institution. Our mission is to increase the number of workforce-ready graduates from underrepresented communities in NOAA-related sciences. Our overall goal is to conduct education and research that supports NOAA’s mission to recruit, train, and graduate students, particularly from underrepresented communities, for the NOAA mission workforce. NCAS-M is funded by the NOAA Educational Partnership Program with Minority-Serving Institutions Cooperative Agreement #NA16SEC4810006
Who is Eligible?
- Undergraduate & graduate students
- Students from the 13 partner institutions
- U.S. Citizen
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Major in NOAA mission fields: STEM and/or social sciences
What are the Benefits?
- Two-year financial support (tuition/ stipend)
- Annual minimum award: $36k/$25k/$12k doctoral/master’s/undergraduate
- Additional support for training in NOAA-mission research & applications
- Increased professional network through mentoring & engagement with NOAA professionals
- Professional skills development workshops
- Howard University (lead),
- Fort Valley State University,
- Jackson State University,
- Pennsylvania State University,
- San Diego State University,
- San Jose State University,
- University at Albany-SUNY,
- University of Puerto Rico-Mayaguez,
- University of Texas-El Paso,
- University of Maryland Baltimore County,
- University of Maryland College Park,
- Tuskegee University,
- Universidad Metropolitana