Training » Development » Preparation
Training and graduation of students from underrepresented minority communities.
Developing candidates for NOAA and NOAA mission-related workforce
Providing post-secondary education and research capacity through competitive awards
There are four NOAA Cooperative Science Centers (CSC) that advance education and collaborative research, as well as support students and build capacity in NOAA-mission sciences at Minority Serving Institutions. Each CSC is led by a Minority Serving Institution and partnered with a NOAA line office. Together, the CSCs include 24 university campuses.
- NOAA NWS Director, Ken Graham, and NOAA Ed Office Director, Louisa Koch visit NCAS-M
- CIRES / NOAA Global Systems Laboratory, Data Assimilation Engineering Scientist
- The NWS Strategic Plan 2023-2033
- AI/ML Related Job Opportunity with NOAA Climate Program Office
- Positions at NCEP/EMC
- Positions open in the NOAA National Environmental Satellite, Data and Information Service (NESDIS)
- NOAA ARL Director, Dr. Ariel Stein, and the team visit NCAS-M, March 3, 2023
- NCEP Director, Dr. Michael Farrar, visited NCAS-M II
- NOAA Skills and Competencies Training at NCAS-M II by Dr. Michael Farrar, Feb 22, 2023
- NCAR Director, Dr. Everette Joseph, visited NCAS-M II
Three Integrated Themes
- Innovative observations for advancing climate, weather, and air quality analysis and prediction.
- Interdisciplinary scientific research to support modeling and forecasting activities for building community resilience against extreme weather, water, atmospheric, and climate events.
- Integrated research in support of building public safety through Impact-Based Decision Support Services (IDSS).
NCAS-M II will support undergraduate scholarships and graduate fellowships that focus on the participation of students from traditionally underrepresented minority communities in NOAA’s mission-related scientific, management, and policy professional workforce.
This research is based on work supported by the U.S. Department of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Educational Partnership Program under Agreement No. NA22SEC4810015.