Training » Development » Preparation
Training and graduation of students from underrepresented minority communities.
Developing candidates for NOAA and NOAA mission-related workforce
Providing post-secondary education and research capacity through competitive awards
There are four NOAA CSCs that advance education and collaborative research, as well as support students and build capacity in NOAA-mission sciences at Minority Serving Institutions. Each CSC is led by a Minority Serving Institution and partnered with a NOAA line office. Together, the CSCs include 24 university campuses.
- NOS Research Cruise
- NOAA Office of Marine and Aviation Operations Opportunities
- 2022 EPP/MSI Graduate Fellowship Program
- Corbin Brooks – Successful Thesis Defense
- National Diversity in STEM Conference
- Postdoctoral Research Scientist Position
- 2022 American Meteorological Society Washington Forum
- Weather & Decision-Making Workshop
- Supervisory Research Physical Scientist Position
- 2021 NOAA Science Report
Three Integrated Themes
- Interdisciplinary scientific research for building resilient communities against weather extremes
- Innovative observations for advancing climate, weather and air quality analysis and prediction
- Interdisciplinary research in support of building healthy communities.
Direct support of the education and research training for 65 students, 3 postdoctoral fellows, and twenty-eight faculty spanning four colleges and eight departments on the Howard University campus and faculty and students at twelve partnering academic institutions.
Research integrates communications, education, journalism, psychology, and sociology into research on environment, climate, and atmosphere
NOAA Cooperative Science Center in Atmospheric Sciences and Meteorology ( NCAS-M) Stats
Active research collaborations and student training engagements with NOAA personnel
NOAA personnel engaged in collaborations or training of NCAS-M students
Atmospheric sciences and meteorology graduates are working in a geosciences field
Retention rate of NCAS-M fellows in their field of study
Per year in leveraged funding
A NOAA Cooperative Science Center Funded by the NOAA Educational Partnership Program with Minority-Serving Institutions Cooperative Agreement #NA16SEC4810006