There is an announcement open for a GS-2210-12 IT Specialist SYSADMIN position working for National Centers for Environmental Prediction (NCEP), Central Operations (CO) at NHC in Miami.
The working title for this position is a Linux/Windows Specialist. As a Linux/Windows Specialist you will perform the following duties:
- Serve as a Linux/Windows system administrator in the Infrastructure and Web Services Branch to help produce fast, accurate weather forecast across the Nation and run NOAA’s Web sites.
- Provide support for the Linux/Window systems in supporting continuous, highly critical operations that provide central guidance and forecast products.
- Serve as a technical resource for multiple areas of system administration such as server configuration, virtual configuration, file system configuration, advanced file systems management, security, storage area networks, and hardware architecture.
- Diagnose significant software faults and troubleshoot problems involving issues related to the design, development, capacity management, and administration of critical applications.
- Articulate and communicate to the team lead any assignments, projects, problems that need to be solved as well as make recommendations for the areas of expertise to meet the customer demands.
The announcement closes on August 17.