NCAS-M is currently seeking to hire a dynamic individual to join our team in the role of Budget Analyst. The successful candidate will provide support in maintaining the annual operating budget for the Center. This individual will be responsible for processing personnel, position and budget recommendations, purchase requisitions and producing financial reports for the Assistant Director and Director.
- Assist in the review and analysis of assigned personnel, position and budget recommendations for consistency with Center’s policy, and certify the availability of funds requisitioned for such action.
- Order supplies for the Center
- Process purchase requisitions for the Center
- Respond to inquiries from departmental representatives to resolve financial or documentary issues on personnel, position or budget recommendations.
- Review recommendations on fund commitments on personnel and purchase recommendations.
- Update information from recommendations to the online budget system.
- Maintain data received and processed in a confidential manner.
- Develop and maintain an expenditure log of the Center’s expenditures as it relates to the Center’s approved budget
- Prepare budget documents for signature by proper university officials. Assist management in preparation of reports for meetings.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of principles, practices and methodologies of budget management including fiscal and budget policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of personal computer with accompanying spreadsheet, database, word processing, and presentation software as well as other standard office equipment.
- Skilled in manipulating numbers, managing financial transactions and knowledge of basic and advance mathematics.
- Skills in oral and written communications with the ability to speak clearly.
- Ability to assist in budget forecasting, deficit analysis and graphical interpretation of budget functions. Ability to maintain accurate hardcopy and electronic accounting records.
- Ability to apply simple analytical concepts and verify the accuracy of recommendations presented for processing.
- Ability to follow instructions, pay attention to detail and adhere to a changing system of specific policies and procedures.
- Ability to apply strict confidentiality regarding budget issues.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and harmonious working relations with staff, university officials and the general public.
To apply for the position, click here: NCAS-M Budget Analyst