The Director is primarily responsible for the direction and management of all aspects of the daily operation of the MUWIC including:
- working closely and frequently as a member of a team that includes the department chair, meteorology faculty, and a computer systems specialist;
- twice daily weather updates;
- stewardship and curation of the department’s weather and climate databases;
- attentiveness to, and maintenance of, the automated surface observing system;
- supervision and mentorship of students working in the MUWIC for the Campus Weather Service (CWS);
- outreach to the community;
- expert weather information service to the public, agencies, and media outlets on behalf of the nationally recognized meteorology program, department, and university;
- and expert weather guidance for university decision support and hazards response.
Application deadline is June 30, 2021.