The Science Communication School is the result of a collaboration between researchers from the International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP), and the Università degli Studi di Padova. The school 2022 has been funded by the Università degli Studi di Padova.
The school has the aim of offering overview and training of scientific communication skills in all its forms. The school will treat communication not only with an “educative aim” but also with a “scientific aim”. The lecturers will therefore not only present an overview of science communication from a theoretical point of view, but also will offer practical activities on abstract/paper writing and poster editing, on proposal and report drafting, and on how to improve communication to policymakers.
Students will learn how to:
- write scientific papers,
- structure posters and talks for conference presentations,
- write proposals at international level,
- communicate science to general public, students, and policymakers,
- communicate through Art and Laboratories!,
- communicate through social networks and internet,
- communicate risks to the society,
- communicate to school children.
The School is open to researchers at all levels with priority for graduate students, PhD students and early career researchers.
Location and Dates
- Location: Montagnana, Italy
- October 10-13: Science Communication School
- October 10-15: GeoScience Communication School
- June 30: Registration Deadline
Riccardo Biondi at email@example.com