NMFS/Office of Sustainable Fisheries is looking to fill 4 vacancies for Fishery Management Specialists, ZP-0401-03, located in Saint Petersburg, FL, Silver Spring, MD, Gloucester, MA, and Pascagoula, MS.
As a Fishery Management Specialist, you will perform the following duties:
- Collect, analyze and interpret information to monitor domestic fishery performance.
- Track implementation of regulations, guidance, and statutory authorities for sustainably managing exploited fish stocks and strengthening ecosystem approaches to domestic fisheries management.
- Support development of national policy, guidance and rulemaking related to sustainable fishery management.
- Develop reports, leadership briefings, and other documents on sustainable fisheries management.
- Respond to inquiries from fishery constituents regarding programs.
- Interpret and ensure adherence to information for use in communications material on key domestic fisheries management issues.
- Collaborate and coordinate with other National Marine Fisheries Service program offices to provide advice and summary reports on fisheries to internal and external stakeholders.
The opportunity closes on November 14, 2022.