Millersville University is seeking a qualified individual for the position of Director for their Weather Information Center.
The Director is primarily responsible for the direction and management of all aspects of the daily operation of the MUWIC including:
- working closely and frequently as a member of a team that includes the department chair, meteorology faculty, and a computer systems specialist;
- twice daily weather updates;
- stewardship and curation of the department’s weather and climate databases;
- attentiveness to, and maintenance of, the automated surface observing system;
- supervision and mentorship of students working in the MUWIC for the Campus Weather Service (CWS);
- outreach to the community;
- expert weather information service to the public, agencies, and media outlets on behalf of the nationally recognized meteorology program, department, and university;
- and expert weather guidance for university decision support and hazards response.
Application deadline is June 30, 2021.