NCAS-M is currently seeking to immediately hire a dynamic individual to join our team in the role of Data Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for: a) maintaining the Center’s student tracking database, b) organizing, storing and analyzing student data as professionally and effectively as possible, while also safeguarding the Center’s security and confidentiality standards, and c) managing the Center’s web site.
Principal Accountabilities include:
- Manage all incoming data files on students
- Review student data for inconsistencies or anomalies
- Maintain and update our student databases and conduct routine maintenance as needed to ensure data integrity
- Regularly monitor and evaluate information and student data systems
- Streamline data collection and analysis procedures to ensure fast access to metrics
- Communicate with Assistant Director about data changes
- Generate and review documentation for all student database changes or refinements
- Make recommendations for software, hardware and data storage upgrades
- Continually develop data management strategies.
- Assist with reports and data extraction when needed
- Devise and implement efficient and secure procedures for data handling
- Develop, maintain, and periodically update the historical record of activities of the Center including special events via the Center’s website.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
Core Competencies include:
- Excellent understanding of data administration and management functions (collection, analysis, distribution etc.)
- Familiarity with modern database and information system technologies
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Access, Word etc.)
- An analytical mindset with problem-solving skills
- Must possess excellent organizational and planning skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, and printing/publishing skills are essential, including ability to present concepts verbally
- Superior project management and time management skills
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to management
- Ability to establish and maintain effective harmonious work relations with faculty, staff, students, administrators, and the general public.
To apply for the position, click here: NCAS-M Data Manager