NCAS-M is currently seeking to hire a dynamic individual to join our team in the role of Administrative Coordinator. The successful candidate will provide executive level administrative support to the NCAS-M Assistant Director; may control office workflow and established office procedures In support of the Center. The incumbent typically works at a high degree of independence and uses Initiative to carry out regular assignments in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Manage the daily calendar of the NCAS-M Director and Assistant Director by scheduling internal and external meetings, appointments, travel, special events; maintains leadership and organizational confidentiality; Independently resolves scheduling conflicts, prioritizes requests, and confirms meeting details and expectations for the Center Assistant Director.
- Plan office meetings and events; coordinate logistics of all events and meetings including travel and lodging arrangements, agendas, Information packets, parking, amenities etc. and provide on-site guidance to visitors and guests for university related events.
- Compiles daily binder of briefing materials to ensure the preparation of the NCAS-M Assistant Director; create and manage office filing systems. Responsible for filing correspondence and other Items accordingly; receive, open and screen mail for the department.
- Control the workflow of the office; implement office procedures and practices. Perform directives from supervisor to coordinate administrative procedures within department and/or among other offices
- Organize high-level meetings with multiple constituencies and disseminate corresponding meeting materials as needed; record and maintain agenda and minutes from all meetings and distribute them accordingly.
- Keep the NCAS-M Assistant Director on schedule and abreast of changes and high level concerns, as necessary, throughout the day; oversee incoming correspondence and requests; triage to other staff members as appropriate; prioritize items that need Immediate attention; and prepare and edit letters, memos, and other correspondence for the NCAS-M Assistant Director,
- Organize and maintain electronic and paper files both in office and offsite; assures that materials are accessible in a timely manner and kept confidential; reconcile travel expense reporting; maintain financial records and reporting; assist with purchases; and reconcile office procurement card.
- Organize office coverage of front desk and phones; manage physical space of office, coordinate facilities need; and communicate with outside vendors when repairs are needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of administrative principles and practices.
- Knowledge of accounting and budgeting processes and techniques
- Skill in planning, analyzing, and coordinating activities and establishing priorities.
- Skill in the use of personal computers, the Internet, and related software applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPolnt and Access); knowledge of standard office equipment.
- Knowledge of principles, practices and methods of the subject discipline. Knowledge of specialized research equipment used in the appropriate field of specialty.
- Knowledge of modern research methods, data collection and analysis and skill in their application.
- Ability to exercise discretion and ensure a high-level of confidentiality
- Ability to effectively communicate in both oral and written English and In a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and harmonious work relations with staff members and Internal customers; able to work effectively with people from various culturally diverse backgrounds.
To apply for the position, click here: NCAS-M Administrative Coordinator