Souleymane Fall, PhD
My current scholarly and research interests lie in the use of Geographic Information Systems to analyze different aspects of climate variability and change. More specifically, I am looking at:
- Temperature trends and variability over the United States
- Trends in extreme climatic events over the southeastern US (historical and future), their predictability with respect to large-scale circulation patterns, and the potential vulnerability of local communities to such events
- The detection of hotspots of climate change over the United States.
- The development of a socio-economic atlas of Alabama, with an emphasis on the Black Belt.
Dr. Fall received his PhD in Atmospheric Sciences from Purdue University in 2009; a MS in Atmospheric Science and a graduate certificate in Geographic Information Systems from North Carolina University in 2003;and a MA in Geography from Dakar University in 1979.
- Geographic Information Systems
- Climate Change